General Helpdesk / Junior System Admin
Posted Nov 21, 2019
Location: Winnipeg, Canada
We are looking for a motivated and friendly full time General Helpdesk / Junior System Admin to join our team.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Respond to and assign Helpdesk tickets to IT staff for internal customers seeking help. Assist users in person, via email/instant messages, by phone or by remote connection.
- Provide technical assistance and support for incoming queries and issues related to computer systems, software, and hardware.
- Write training manuals and train computer users.
- Maintain daily performance of computer systems.
- Ask questions to determine nature of problem and walk customer through problem-solving process.
- Install, modify and repair computer hardware and software.
- Clean up computers and run diagnostic programs to resolve problems.
- Resolve technical problems with Local Area Networks (LAN), Wide Area Networks (WAN), and other systems.
- Install computer peripherals for users.
- Follow up with users to ensure issue has been resolved.
- You are a technical IT person with an analytical and curious mind with a good understanding of computer systems, mobile devices and other tech products.
- You are proficient in English and have excellent communication skills
- You know how to search for answers and system solutions
- You are a self-starter who follows up on issues by taking the baton and running with it
- You enjoy working with users to help them succeed by making sure all their tools are working
- You have rare people skills which allow you to proactively get in front of problems
- You love being on and part of a team
- You believe that different personalities are amazing!
- Your focus is not on being right or wrong, but on solving problems.
- You know where to look, but you also know when to ask for help.
- You have a diploma or degree in a IT/system management field.
We offer a competitive salary, great benefits and a team atmosphere where we welcome your ideas and input.
If you are interested in the position, please supply a cover letter telling us why you believe you’re the perfect candidate along with your resume to this posting firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “General Helpdesk / Junior System Admin”. Get started by clicking the link below. We thank all candidates that apply, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.